Sustainable And Eco-Hotels In Broome
1. Cable Beach: Known for its stunning white sands and crystal-clear turquoise waters, Cable Beach is a must-visit attraction in Broome. Enjoy a leisurely walk along the 22-kilometer-long beach, take a camel ride during the sunset, or simply relax and soak up the sunshine.
2. Horizontal Falls: Located in the nearby Kimberley region, the Horizontal Falls are a natural phenomenon and one of the most unique experiences in Broome. Witness the powerful tidal currents rush through narrow gorges, creating a horizontal waterfall effect. Take a thrilling boat tour or a scenic flight to truly appreciate the awe-inspiring beauty of this natural wonder.
3. Staircase to the Moon: This natural phenomenon occurs during specific moon phases between March and October. As the full moon rises over the exposed mudflats during low tide, it creates the illusion of a golden staircase reaching up to the sky. Head to Town Beach or the Mangrove Hotel to witness this magical event and capture some incredible photographs.
4. Pearl Farm Tours: Broome has a rich history in the pearling industry, and a visit to a pearl farm is a fascinating way to learn about this heritage. Join a guided tour to explore a working pearl farm, discover the intricate process of pearl cultivation, and even purchase some exquisite pearls as a memento of your visit.
5. Gantheaume Point: Located just a short drive from Broome, Gantheaume Point offers breathtaking coastal views and geological wonders. Admire the stunning red cliffs, take a stroll on the beach, and keep an eye out for ancient dinosaur footprints embedded in the rocks. This scenic spot is also a perfect vantage point to enjoy stunning sunsets over the Indian Ocean.