Sustainable And Eco-Hotels In Hydra
1. Explore the Port of Hydra: The heart and soul of the island, the Port of Hydra is a picturesque harbor lined with colorful 18th-century mansions and charming waterfront cafes. Take a leisurely stroll along the promenade, admire the traditional architecture and the vibrant fishing boats bobbing in the crystal-clear waters.
2. Visit the Hydra Museum Historical Archives: Located in the historic Kountouriotis Mansion, the Hydra Museum Historical Archives offer a fascinating glimpse into the island`s rich history and cultural heritage. Explore the exhibits showcasing traditional costumes, antique furniture, religious artifacts, and learn about Hydra`s pivotal role during the Greek War of Independence.
3. Hike to the Profitis Ilias Monastery: Embark on a scenic hike up to the Profitis Ilias Monastery, perched on the island`s highest peak. The trail weaves through pine forests and offers stunning panoramic views of Hydra, the surrounding islands, and the Aegean Sea. Once at the monastery, immerse yourself in its serene atmosphere and enjoy the magnificent vistas.
4. Relax at the Hydra Beaches: Unwind and soak up the Mediterranean sun at Hydra`s beautiful beaches. Head to the Vlychos Beach or the pebbly Mandraki Beach, both easily accessible by water taxi or a short hike. These idyllic sandy shores provide a serene escape, perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and enjoying the peaceful ambiance.
5. Take a donkey ride to the Hydra`s Mount Eros: For a uniquely Hydra experience, hop on a traditional donkey and embark on a memorable journey to the island`s highest point, Mount Eros. Let the donkey guide you through the narrow stone-paved streets and rustic pathways that wind up the hill, offering breathtaking vistas along the way. At the summit, marvel at the panoramic views and witness the unparalleled beauty of Hydra from above.