Sustainable And Eco-Hotels In Uncasville
1. Mohegan Sun Casino and Resort: Located just a short drive from Montville, Mohegan Sun is one of the largest casinos in the United States. It offers a wide range of gaming options, luxurious accommodations, world-class dining, shopping, live entertainment, and even a spa. Whether you`re a gambler or not, this resort has something for everyone.
2. The Submarine Force Museum: Known as the home of the historic USS Nautilus, the world`s first nuclear-powered submarine, the Submarine Force Museum is a must-visit attraction. Explore the submarine itself and learn about the history of the U.S. Navy Submarine Force through various exhibits and displays. This museum provides a fascinating glimpse into submariner life and the advancements in naval technology.
3. Dinosaur Place at Nature`s Art Village: Perfect for families and dinosaur enthusiasts, the Dinosaur Place offers an adventure-filled day. This outdoor park features life-size dinosaur sculptures, a maze, a splash pad, a playground, and even fossil digs. Kids (and adults) can unleash their inner palaeontologist and have a thrilling educational experience.
4. Fort Shantok Archaeological District: Immerse yourself in history with a visit to the Fort Shantok Archaeological District. This culturally significant site features preserved remnants of a 17th-century Mohegan fort and village. Take a self-guided tour through the area and learn about the indigenous people who once inhabited the region. The scenic trails provide a tranquil setting for a walk or picnic.
5. Lantern Hill: Outdoor enthusiasts will delight in hiking Lantern Hill, a picturesque hilltop located in nearby North Stonington. With its well-marked trails and moderate difficulty level, this hike offers panoramic views of the surrounding countryside and Long Island Sound. Don`t forget your camera as the summit rewards you with breathtaking vistas, especially during fall foliage season.